Certain sports have registration fees. These nonrefundable costs must be paid under Section D.
- Hockey teams must post a $200 registration fee for the winter season and a $100 registration fee for the IAP season.
- Air Pistol teams must post a $25 registration fee per semester.
- Officiated sports leagues must post a registration fee (cost varies; see IMLeagues.com prior to registration).
The fine system is used to penalize teams for not showing up for scheduled matches. For teams that do not follow the reschedule procedure (see sport rules) and/or do not show up for a scheduled match, they will be subjected to a forfeit fine. (see IV.1) With proper notification that a team can’t make a match, the Sport Manager can attempt to reschedule the match at a later point provided that facility space is available.
Common Forfeit Policy:
- If the minimum number of players are not present by game time, the other team has the option of calling a forfeit on that team OR waiting 10 minutes.
- If a team does not have the minimum number of players by 10 minutes past the scheduled game start, it counts as a forfeit.
- The penalties associated with a forfeit can be avoided by communicating to the sport manager and opposing captain that you will not be able to field a team. Further advance notice reduces the penalty, as it gives the manager a better opportunity to use that field/court time for other games:
- More than 72 hour advance notice results in no penalty. We will try our best to reschedule the game but are limited by facility space. If the game cannot be rescheduled, it will not count towards your record.
- 24 – 72 hour notice results in loss if game cannot be rescheduled (but no fine)
- Less than 24 hour notice results in forfeit and fine
Forfeit fine structure:
- First Infraction: $25
- Second Infraction: $50
- Dropping out of league (once games have been scheduled): $75
- Dropping out of the league once games has been scheduled impacts the entire league: Teams who had games scheduled, have lost the opportunity to play, and the Sport Manager will have to dedicate additional time in an effort to reschedule games.
Most sports do not have trained, paid referees at games. When referees are present, the Sport Manager will create a schedule for referees or have referees share their availability to create a schedule.
Some leagues decide to have captains/volunteers referee. This will be decided upon at the captain’s meeting. Fines are in place in order to hold teams accountable to their assignments
- First infraction: $20
- Second infraction: $35
- Each subsequent infraction: $50 each