For teams that do not follow the reschedule procedure and/or do not show up for a scheduled match, they will be subjected to a forfeit fine. With proper notification that a team can’t make a match, the Sport Manager can attempt to reschedule the match at a later point provided that facility space is available.
Everyone who is on a team that has a forfeit fine will be marked with a strikethrough on imleagues.com. They will still be allowed to play for that semester but they will not be allowed to signup or register for any other leagues until someone on the team pays the forfeit fine.
Common Forfeit Policy:
- If the minimum number of players are not there by game time, the other team has the option of calling a forfeit on that team OR wait until 10 minutes.
- If the team does not have the minimum number of players by 10 minutes past the scheduled game start, it counts as a forfeit.
- The penalties associated with a forfeit can be avoided by communicating to the sport manager and opposing captain that you will not be able to field a team. Further advance notice reduces the penalty, as it gives the manager a better opportunity to use that field/court time for other games:
- More than 72 hour advance notice results in no penalty. We will try our best to reschedule the game but are limited by facility space. If the game cannot be rescheduled, it will not count towards your record.
- 24 – 72 hour notice results in loss if game cannot be rescheduled (but no fine)
- Less than 24 hour notice results in forfeit and fine
- Every member of your team will be ineligible to register for the next semester until someone drops by the office to pay this fine.