DAPER’s shared purpose is to bring the MIT community together in educational activities that promote wellness, a diverse and inclusive environment, leadership, teamwork, and the pursuit of excellence through competition, physical activity and recreation. The Intramural Office is dedicated to providing opportunities to engage in physical activity and fellowship in an organized sports environment.
Priorities of the Intramural Program
- To provide a wide range of individual and team sports at varying levels of competitiveness the MIT community.
- To provide opportunities for social interaction and the development of lasting friendships.
- To teach the value of sportsmanship, the principles of fair play, and a positive attitude.
- To develop habits of participation in physical activity that can carry over into everyday living.
- To develop physical fitness.
- To provide leadership opportunities through participation.
- To provide employment opportunities and educational experiences for students.
- We aim to create a welcoming and inclusionary environment for all MIT community members. If you need a disability accommodation in order to access our offerings, please let us know
DAPER Diversity & Inclusion Statement
The Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (DAPER) supports a diverse and inclusive culture that provides opportunities for all students, staff, faculty, and community members regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, class, creed, disability, gender expression, age, or sexual orientation. Our diverse and inclusive culture supports a respectful learning environment and is a shared and ongoing responsibility in the pursuit of excellence.