MIT IMs operates on a 3 tiered Affiliation Structure
A team that registers to play an IM sport at MIT does so under one of three possible status-levels:
- Provisionally Affiliated
- Fully Affiliated
These status-levels are determined simply by whether or not that team is part of an organization (such as FSILG, Academic Department, Club, etc.) that sent a representative called an athletic chair to the IM Council meetings at the beginning of each semester.
View current affiliation list
MIT IM Affiliation System Changes – Fall 2021
Starting Fall 2021 MIT Intramurals is changing its affiliation system in an attempt to reduce the amount of cash exchanged during a semester. This will save time and prevent a crowded athletic office from potentially spreading germs. The changes are as follows…
- We will still be having our affiliation meeting (Time TBD) and will keep track of attendance.
- We will not be taking deposits anymore from any teams.
- The benefit to being affiliated will be…
- Fully Affiliated teams will be eligible to win the Beaver Cup and will have 24 hour priority registration for leagues. This means if your team signs up within the first 24 hours of registration you will be guaranteed a spot.
- Provisionally Affiliated teams will be eligible to win the Beaver Cup but will not have priority registration.
- Independent teams will not be eligible to win the Beaver Cup and will not have priority registration.
- We will still be taking cash in person for the following…
- Referee / Facility Fees
- This has also changed our forfeit system, where we previously would keep your deposit based on forfeits we will now take the following steps should your team have a forfeit…
- Every participant on your team will have a strikethrough their name on imleagues.com. This will prevent them from registering for the following semester until anyone on the team comes to DAPER to pay the forfeit fee.
- Once the forfeit fee is paid then the whole team will be cleared on imleagues.com and able to register for the next semester.
If you have more questions about fall intramurals check our FAQ Page. If you can’t find an answer there feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.